Total Pageviews

Monday, November 14, 2011

Seattle

I haven't been travelling much this fall, next weekend I will be in Lake Geneva which is a gorgeous area and the Grand Geneva hotel is wonderful but I will write on that next week.  Right now I wanted to talk about Seattle.  I have been travelling to Seattle all of my life.  My parents best friends lived there and we were either there or they were by us at least 6 times a  year growing up.  The Smithpoza's live in a pretty economical area of the city.  When they bought it in the 60's it was pretty new and interesting but right off the freeway (the I-5) and across from the Boeing field.  Which means they got a free sound proof fence!  Anyways So that's what I knew of Seattle most of my life.  We never were tourists because we were visiting family.  Once I got older I discovered shopping and tended to shop at Southcenter for school clothes because they were so opposite to what we could get back home in Vancouver.  Then I discovered Broadway which is a trendy little kitchy area with all sorts of cool little consignment resale shops and some newer shops as well.  I found I could get so many interesting things on that street, the area is a little dodgy and I wouldn't drive my Lexus there and of course I don't have one but you get the point!  I did finally see the space needle which was OK, we had Sears tower Harbour center in Vancouver so it was OK, but it was far eclipsed by Fred Meyer, the Bon Marche (french for I got something you gotta buy) Nordstroms!  they have lots of squares Rainier, Union and a couple of circles but the BEST experience for shopping is Pike Place cause its so unique!  Just to start with Flying fish-you gotta see it to believe it its just that cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment