Total Pageviews

Monday, September 5, 2011

my car rental secret

Today I am going to let you in on a great secret I discovered about car rental.
Car rental prices seem to change with the wind and so do the perks that come with them.  Priceline.com offers their book ahead, give your credit card number, name  you own price deal.  I don't like not knowing what I am buying ahead of time, I'm not a huge fan of giving out my credit card number and you don't actually get the price you asked for.  For example, I recently wanted to rent a car in Seattle.  I checked the rental car sites and travel sites (of course-standard operating procedure for travelers) and I found an economy car can cost between $38.00 to 86.00 dollars a DAY.  We are talking small, flintstone feet out of the bottom to make it go-economy car.  So on priceline I took a chance and offered them 25.00 a day.  When you make an offer like that they will send you an actual range they will accept..  So they said if you offer 36.00 a day your chances of getting it are good.  If you offer $33.00 a day your chances of getting it accepted are fair.  So really, that is the truthful range that they will bargain for and not name my own price just conform to their price..  I believe you can only offer once a day so it takes time to do this.
So are you ready for the secret (oh its just like a late night shoppers network cliffhanger...)
www.rentalcarmomma.com who have promotional codes and deals that are outstanding with all the major car rental companies.  I ended up with a small KIA SUV for $25.00 per day through Budget rent a car (so chosen because they are almost always in the airport and open the longest hours).  So what I will spend in gas extra is worth being able to seat 3 people and a bunch of luggage for long car rides and I can put my all my family in it at once instead of taking two cars.  When you go through this website it redirects you to the Budget rent a car site and gives you a promotional code for the deal you chose.  I had several to chose from.
Now don't tell anyone the secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment