Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 18, 2011

so you should save

otherwise you can work on a blog for a long time and have it all disappear because you wanted to put a link in it (aaaakkk!)
Anyhow I digress.   I was talking about the mouse.  The southern mouse with the very clean attitude and sun shiny happy people who have no contact to reality.  But there I go digressing again.  So I am trying to book a vacation to Disney World and one of the things I quickly learned is that if a hotel is vacant one day, it could have no avail rooms the next.  No matter what web engine or calling Disney type thing you do they are just not avail the next day.  I thought I would be smart and see if Disney kept some aside for customers that call them direct...they don't.  Another thing I learned is that when you book a Disney vacation through Disney.com you can't upgrade to business class and there is no cheaper flights with their packages (according to Sue at Disney) so its easier to book it with travelocity where you can book it with your flight and get a discount and then add the day trips you want to take like to Sea World and Universal all from the same website.   I wanted to look at all the hotels to compare pools, lobbies and room amenities so I went to Disney.com but they were so SLOW, because they must have a bucketful of stuff on their.  They also, surprisingly, don't have any reviews on their hotels from any dissatisfied customers.  I found it was better to go the  wdwinfo.com  and there I found the rack rates throughout the year so if you can have some flexibility in your schedule you can sometimes get upgrades  (but you have to ask and its totally up to the person checking you in) or free meal plans.  I checked out resort pricing of the Polynesian which had an awesome pool, loads of pretties, and was near and dear to my Polynesian heart.  I checked it on Friday and by Saturday it was all booked up.  I checked out moderate priced resorts like my favorite Caribbean hotel which has a great main pools but also smaller pools throughout their property if you don't feel like walking to the main building or being around crowds of screaming kids, (possibly...you never know with Disney)  and was priced pretty average for Disney.  Of course I check that on Thursday and it was all booked Friday.  So I am looking at the Coronado which I will book today, and hopefully will still be free.  I'll let you know how that goes.  One of the sites I found particularly helpful was mouse savers.com just for discounts and good advice in general.  As always if you have the time to climb through the web you are probably going to save money from people who have knowledge and been there before you this has the added advantage of having honest hotel recommendations as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment